If an applicant for Lowell Regional Transit Authority ADA paratransit eligibility is determined to be ineligible to receive complementary paratransit service, and the applicant feels that this determination has been made in error, the applicant has the right to appeal the determination.
- Appeals may be filed in writing with the Appeal of Ineligibility Form or by writing or calling the Appeal Board of Eligibility.
Appeal Board of Eligibility
100 Hale Street
Lowell, MA 01851
978.459.0164, Ext. 201
- Appeals must be filed within 60 days on the Determination Letter of Ineligibility.
- Individuals have the right to speak in person on their own behalf and/or have others represent them at appeal proceedings.
- Applicants will have the right to necessary support, such as an interpreter; applicants are asked to request support in their appeal letter. Accessible formats are available if requested.
- The Appeal Board of Eligibility will be composed of members who will not have taken part in the original eligibility certification.
- The Appeal Board of Eligibility will be a 3-member panel consisting: the General Manager of Fixed Route Bus or designee, a member from the Lowell Commission of Disabilities, and a member from the Lowell Commission for the Blind.
- The Appeal Board of Eligibility will make a determining result of the appeal of eligibility within 30 days of completion of the appeal request. The decision will be made in writing to the applicant. Accessible formats are available if requested.
- If the Appeal Board does not make a determining result of appeal within 30 days, on the 31st day, full eligibility will be granted until a determination is made.