Road Runner Senior Dial-a-Ride + ADA Paratransit
Road Runner Senior Service
The LRTA Road Runner Senior Service is an origin to destination Paratransit service available to residents within the LRTA service area and who are 60 years of age or more. All of the Road Runner services are shared ride services intended to safely and efficiently transport as many passengers at a time as possible. All services are provided with wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Senior Service DAR provided from Lowell, Billerica, Chelmsford, Tewksbury, and Dracut: Road Runner Senior Service is available for trips which travel to a medical appointment within the LRTA service area. Seniors are asked to call their local Senior Centers for all rides not covered by Road Runner Service.
Transportation Service Hours
8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday - Friday, depending on the service area
Phone: (978) 459-0152
Dispatch will accept phone reservations from 8am to 3pm, Monday - Friday.
Office Address: 113 Thorndike Street, Lowell ( Located next to the Kennedy Center )
- Age 60 or over with government ID
- Must be registered with Road Runner prior to reservations
Reservations must be made at least two business days in advance. All customers must be registered with Road Runner prior to reservations being made.
Cancellations require passengers to call no later than 5pm the day before the scheduled trip. Cancellations are taken 24 hours a day.
All Road Runner vehicles are wheelchair accessible and can accommodate different types of mobility devices. Road Runner will carry any wheelchair and occupant, regardless of size or weight. Safety requirements of the vehicle apply.
The mobility lift is available for all customers. If extra boarding time is necessary, Road Runner appreciates advanced notice at the time of reservation.
- Wear a seatbelt (wheelchair and scooter utilization apply).
- Use headphones with personal audio devices.
- Note that personal hygiene and perfumes can be objectionable to other passengers or cause allergic reactions.
- Ask the driver to adjust the radio, including turning it on/off, changing the station, and turning up or down the volume. (The 2-way radio for dispatch cannot be turned off.)
- Stand while the vehicle is moving.
- Eat or drink unless you need to for medical/dietary reasons. Let the driver know if this is the case.
- Have loud conversations on your cellphone.
- Bring hoverboards on Road Runner vehicles.
- Smoke, including e-cigarettes.
- Tip your driver or give other gratuities.
- Inappropriate or illegal behavior will not be tolerated, and may result in service suspension, police investigation, or other consequences.
ADA Paratransit Services
Road Runner ADA paratransit service is available to people with disabilities who are unable to ride Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) Fixed Route Bus Services. For people with disabilities who are unable to get to their transit stop or station, Road Runner operates a parallel service to LRTA Fixed Route. Road Runner is operated by Lowell Transit Management Corporation.
Transportation Service Hours
Road Runner ADA service hours are parallel to LRTA Fixed Bus Route hours.
Phone: (978) 459-0152 Road Runner will take your reservation from 6:30AM to 4PM, Monday through Friday for ADA customers
ADA customer cancellations require passengers to call 2 hours prior to their pickup window.
Councils on Aging
The LRTA partners with the Councils on Aging within the LRTA service area to provide transportation services within the towns. Please contact the following Councils on weekdays between 8am and 3pm for senior transportation services provided.
Searching for accessible transportation options just got easier and more accurate!
The popular website, Ride Match, is an online searchable directory that combines all public, private, community-based and non-profit transportation options in one convenient, easy to use online resource. Visit RideMatch for more.