The NMMPO Public Notice
LRTA Notice of Availability of Draft Federal Certification Documents for Public Review and Comment
The Northern Middlesex Metropolitan Planning Organization (NMMPO) has released a for a 30 day public review and comment period of the following draft federal certification documents. Any public comments are due by COB on July 22nd, 2016. The NMMPO will meet again August 1st to vote to endorse these documents.
1. The draft FFY 2017 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is attached and also available on the Northern Middlesex Council of Governments (NMCOG) website. http://www.nmcog.org/opportunities-for-public-comment. This document contains a listing of transit planning efforts for the LRTA.
2. The draft FFY 2017-2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is also available in the above attachment, or on the NMCOG website. Please note that the TIP contains the program of projects for the LRTA. The MPO’s public participation process satisfies the LRTA’s public participation requirements for the program of projects. Also, the Northern Middlesex MPO has released a set of FFY 2016-2019 Draft TIP Amendments for a 30 day public comment period ending July 22nd, 2016. The amendments need to be added to the 2016-2019 TIP to ensure thse projects are fully funded. These include the following proposed changes.
- Adding $536,582 to cover a cost increase for the Route 110/Tadmuck Road intersection improvement project in Westford.
- Adding $709,345 to cover a cost increase for a bridge replacement project on Market Street over the Western Canal in Lowell.
- Moving an intersection safety project on VFW Highway at Aiken Street and Varnum Avenue at Mammoth Road in Lowell, from 2016 to 2017 because of a change in advertising date.
As part of the draft amendment, The Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) has also been awarded grants for the purchase of several minibuses for use in its RoadRunner service and by municipal Councils on Aging. A summary of proposed amendment is posted on the NMCOG website, http://www.nmcog.org/opportunities-for-public-comment.
NMMPO staff are hosting a public meeting to hear any comments on July 12th, 5:30 PM at NMCOG offices, 40 Church Street, Suite 200 in Lowell. In addition, comments can also be recieved by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (978) 454-8021. If preferred, you may also mail any comments to “Northern Middlesex Council of Governments, 40 Church Street, Suite 200, Lowell MA. 01852″.