No-Show Policy and Cancellations
In an effort to improve service to all clients, Road Runner has a No-Show Policy.
What is a No-Show?
Road Runner defines a valid no-show as occurring when all six of the following circumstances are met:
- The customer has scheduled Road Runner service, and one of the following has taken place:
- There has been no call by the ADA customer or their representative to cancel the scheduled trip two hours before the start of the negotiated time window.
- There has been no call by the senior customer or their representative to cancel the scheduled trip by 5pm on the day prior to the trip.
- The paratransit vehicle has arrived at the scheduled pick up point within the specified pick-up window.
- The customer has failed to board the vehicle within five (5) full minutes after the drivers’ arrival.
- The driver has waited the full five-minute wait time. The wait time does not start until the beginning of the window.
- The driver has waited and made a good faith effort to locate the customer.
- The driver has contacted their dispatcher who has made at least one attempt to contact customer through numbers on file. At this point the driver will place a no-show tag on the door indicating the date and time of arrival and departure. No-show tags will only be left at residences located on the ground floor.
Suspension of Service
A Road Runner customer will be suspended from service if they demonstrate more than 10% of their total trips are valid no shows. The following progression will be applied.
- First occurrence; customer will receive a 1st Violation Letter
- Second occurrence; customer will receive 2nd Violation Letter
Penalty is suspension of service for 7 days.
- Third occurrence; customer will receive 3rd Violation Letter
Penalty is suspension of service for 14 days.
- Subsequent occurrences; customer will receive subsequent violation letter.
Penalty is suspension of service for 21 days.
Customers will receive 15 days notice of any suspension and will have opportunity to appeal during that time. If a customer should appeal, they will continue to have access to service until the appeal is decided. The only exception would be if the customer is a threat to other passengers or themselves due to behavior issues in which case, the appeal will be expedited. The suspension letter will contain dates and times of all “no shows”. A no-show will not be charged when the no-show is beyond the control of the passenger and this message is communicated to the Road Runner dispatcher.
An ADA client must make a cancellation before two hours of the negotiated pickup window. A senior client must make a cancellation by 5pm on the day prior to the trip.
Reinstatement of Service
The rider’s violations are revoked and all penalties are withdrawn when the rider has 3 consecutive months of on-time pickups. Rider starts service with a “clean-slate”.
A rider may make an appeal to overturn suspension of service. The appeal should be filed within 15 days of the notification letter.
The request for an appeal should be directed to the Road Runner General Manager or designee at the address below or by calling 978.446.2607.
Lowell Transit Management Corporation
113 Thorndike Street
Lowell, MA 01852
If an ADA client needs to cancel a trip, Road Runner requires passengers to call 2 hours prior to their pickup window.
If a senior client needs to cancel a trip, Road Runner requires passengers to call no later than 5 pm the day before the scheduled trip.