Welcome to the LRTA – your regional transit authority!
Rt. 1 – Christian Hill: Outbound normal route; inbound will use Beacon St. (omit Humphrey Street)
Rt. 8 – Centralville: still snow route on both Outbound & Inbound
The LRTA is proud to announce the reopening of the Gallagher Terminal Parking Garage, on February 1st, 2015!!
Service Alerts: The LRTA has expanded its service on the following routes; for more information, please check out the “Service Alerts” page.
- Rt. 12 Tewksbury (Monday-Saturday)
- Rt. 15 Chelmsford/Westford via 129/110 (NEW Saturday service)
The Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) is located at 145 Thorndike St. Lowell, Ma 01852.
The LRTA Can be Reached at:
- Fixed Route Bus Information (978) 452-6161 , 100 Hale Street
- Road Runner Office (978) 459 – 0152 , 113 Thorndike Street
- Main Admin Office (978) 459-0164 , 145 Thorndike Street
- Parking (978) 459-0164 (ext. 206)
- Email: CustomerService@lrta.com
The LRTA provides fixed route bus services and paratransit services to the city and 14 surrounding communities. These connect at the Gallagher Intermodal Center to the Lowell Line of the MBTA commuter rail system, which connects Lowell to Boston. The terminal is also served by several intercity bus lines including Greyhound and Peter Pan.
The LRTA offers commuter parking at the Gallager Intermodal Center and at the North Billerica Train Station.
We hope you enjoy riding with us!