Welcome to the LRTA – your regional transit authority!
Service Alerts: Beginning the week of April 7th, The LRTA will expand its service on the following routes; for more information, please check out the “Service Alerts” page.
- Rt. 12 Tewksbury (Monday-Saturday)
- Rt. 15 Chelmsford/Westford via 129/110 (NEW Saturday service)
NOTICE: The Gallagher Garage parking terminal will be closed starting April 1st, 2014 due to a renovation project. This project will take up to one year to complete. For more on this including parking considerations, please visit our “Public Information“ page or click the link below, LRTAParkingNotice2014.
The Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) is located at 145 Thorndike St. Lowell, Ma 01852.
The LRTA Can be Reached at:
- Fixed Route Bus Information (978) 452-6161 , 100 Hale Street
- Road Runner Office (978) 459 – 0152 , 113 Thorndike Street
- Main Admin Office (978) 459-0164 , 145 Thorndike Street
- Parking (978) 459-0164 (ext. 206)
- Email: CustomerService@lrta.com
The LRTA provides fixed route bus services and paratransit services to the city and 14 surrounding communities. These connect at the Gallagher Intermodal Center to the Lowell Line of the MBTA commuter rail system, which connects Lowell to Boston. The terminal is also served by several intercity bus lines including Greyhound and Peter Pan.
The LRTA offers commuter parking at the Gallager Intermodal Center and at the North Billerica Train Station.
We hope you enjoy riding with us!